Business Immigration (Paralegal/Legal Assistant)
Person in this position will be meeting with clients, almost exclusively Russian-speaking; reviewing and analyzing foreign business and investment documentation; preparing immigration applications, briefs, specialized support letters, etc. The right person will have excellent verbal and written skills in Russian and English languages, attention to detail, and strong analytical skills.
- Perform intake of clients and review documents
- Analyze visa petition documents and prepare immigration applications for filing with the appropriate government agency
- Prepare briefs, petitions, applications and specialized support letters detailing eligibility for visa classification and other immigration benefits
- Communicate regularly with clients and foreign nationals, almost exclusively Russian-speaking, regarding procedural and case processing issues, assisting with the review of cases
- Confer with attorneys regarding legal issues, document preparation, and legal requirements
- Prepare analysis of source of funds documentation for EB-5 clients, requiring knowledge of typical accounting and business practices and commercial documentation in Russia and other Russian-speaking countries
- Review and analyze foreign (primarily from Russian-speaking countries) business documentation regarding overseas businesses and investments of clients to determine eligibility for selected visa category
- Summarize findings for use then by firm attorneys in advising clients and developing petitions
Right candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Legal Studies or other law-related field
- At least 5 years of progressive legal experience working with cross-border investments and business transactions
- Working knowledge of business and investment-related legal documentation for such transactions, particularly for Russian-speaking markets
Candidate must be proficient in written and spoken Russian and English languages.
Job Location: Hollywood, FL. Mail resume to AmLaw Group, Attn: Charles, 3505 S. Ocean Drive, Suite CU-1, Hollywood, FL 33019.