EB-5 Visa Eligibility
For many, immigrating to the United States can be a difficult and complicated process. Fortunately, there are a number of significant benefits available to those who choose and are able to come to the U.S. as an immigrant investor with an EB-5 visa, making this a significantly faster and easier option for many.
However, in order to qualify for the Immigrant Investor Program, individuals must meet a number of eligibility requirements. If you are considering pursing an EB-5 visa, an experienced EB-5 visa lawyer with AmLaw Group can help you evaluate your situation against these requirements and determine if it is the best immigration option for you and your family.
Eligibility Requirements for the Immigrant Investor Program
In order to qualify for an EB-5 visa, individuals need to meet a number of strict requirements related to investment money, job creation, and business creation or support. Specifically, individuals need to do one of the following:
- Create a new business
- Take over an existing, troubled business (a business that has lost 20% of its total net worth) and retain all existing jobs
- Take over and grow an existing business (growth defined as 140% increase in either net worth or jobs)
- Invest in an existing, approved Regional Center
In addition to simply creating or growing a business, or investing in a Regional Center, individuals looking to secure an EB-5 visa will need to:
- Invest $1 million in their new business, or $500,000 in certain target employment areas
- Create at least 10 full time jobs within 2 years, or if taking over a struggling business, maintain the existing number of jobs for at least 2 years
- Demonstrate a legal source of investment funds
Understanding the full range of eligibility requirements for the EB-5 visa is a complicated matter, but fortunately, help is available. An EB-5 visa lawyer with AmLaw Group can help you evaluate your financial situation and determine if participation in the Immigrant Investor Program is the best option for you.
Learn More by Contacting an EB-5 Attorney Today
If you are looking to quickly and easily move to the United States, the Immigrant Investor Program could be right for you and your family. To find out if you qualify, contact the EB-5 lawyers with AmLaw Group today by calling us at (305) 509-6400.