(305) 509-6400 Miami, FL (703) 260-6565 Washington, DC

Studying in the U.S. with a student visa

People who hope to enter the United States may consider applying for student visa if they intend to enroll in an institute of learning while living in the country. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USIS) may either grant F-1 or M-1 visas to individuals who fulfill the following requirements:

  • The applicant must be enrolled full-time in a school or university approved by the USIS
  • The applicant must either be proficient in the English language or in the process of becoming a fluent English speaker
  • The applicant should have sufficient finances to support his or her entire study in the U.S.
  • The applicant should have a residence outside the U.S. that he or she will not give up

In some situations, individuals who have been granted student visas may secure employment under some restrictions and conditions.

Entering the U.S. with student visas can be difficult and the process may not guarantee permanent residency. However, the immigration lawyers at the AmLaw Group can offer you guidance and advice as you deal with the immigration and visa application processes. Find out more about the services we offer today by calling (305) 509-6400.

Get in touch with the AmLaw Group

Contact Us

Hallandale Beach, FL

AmLaw Group
1920 East Hallandale Beach Boulevard, Suite 501, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009

Get Directions +1 (305) 509-6400

Washington, DC

AmLaw Group
3975 University Dr #340, Fairfax, VA 22030

Get Directions +1 (703) 260-6565

Sitemap|Privacy Policy

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.