(305) 509-6400 Miami, FL (703) 260-6565 Washington, DC

Working in the U.S. through L-1 Visa

Foreign company executives, managers, or employees who have “specialized knowledge” may be eligible to secure work and eventually migrate to the United States if they file for a L-1 visa, often called an “Intracompany Transferee.”

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires that foreign individuals, who have decided to apply for the L-1 visa, have worked in their company continuously for at least one year at some point in the previous three years. The USCIS also requires that the company, where the foreign national is working, is able to continue its operation and be financially viable even without the presence of the visa applicant. Lastly, L-1 visa applicants are required to establish a business in the U.S. and provide jobs to people who are interested in securing work. Individuals who were granted L-1 visas may apply for a green card after a year. Notably,  their spouse and children automatically are able to live and work in the U.S. through the L-2 visa.

The lawyers at the AmLaw Group provide legal assistance to individuals who have decided to apply for a L-1 visa in order to possibly migrate to the United States. The process of applying for this visa is often a tiring procedure, especially if you are always on the go. Find out how we may work on your behalf today by calling (305) 509-6400.

Get in touch with the AmLaw Group

Contact Us

Hallandale Beach, FL

AmLaw Group
1920 East Hallandale Beach Boulevard, Suite 501, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009

Get Directions +1 (305) 509-6400

Washington, DC

AmLaw Group
3975 University Dr #340, Fairfax, VA 22030

Get Directions +1 (703) 260-6565

Sitemap|Privacy Policy

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.