(305) 509-6400 Miami, FL (703) 260-6565 Washington, DC

EB-5 – Visa For Investors in USA

At AmLaw Group, we know that relocating to the United States, whether as an individual or with a family, is an unfortunately complicated and difficult process. Many hopeful immigrants find themselves facing lengthy delays and wait times, and many suffer the frustrating experience of having their visa applications rejected altogether for minor errors or filing problems.

Fortunately, for individuals who are interested in moving to the U.S. as a foreign investor to invest in U.S. jobs and business, there is a better, faster option available known as the Immigrant Investor Program, or EB-5. Individuals pursing an EB-5 are often able to avoid many of the time delays and strict visa requirements that other hopeful immigrants face in their journey to the U.S., and the EB-5 visa attorneys at AmLaw Group can help you determine if this immigration option is right for you and your family.

EB-5 Visa Advantages

There are numerous benefits that set the EB-5 visa apart from other visa options that individuals might pursue. By investing $500,000 to $1 million, individuals taking advantage of the Immigrant Investor Program can secure a green card and enjoy the following benefits:

  • No language, age, professional experience, or education requirements
  • No need for direct family members in the United States
  • No residency requirements in the U.S.
  • No workplace requirements in the U.S.
  • For individuals investing in Regional Center projects, no daily management / running of a business

Becoming a part of the Immigrant Investor Program involves the investment of a considerable sum of money; as such, you need to make sure that you have a dedicated and experienced legal team supporting you as you pursue an EB-5 visa. At AmLaw Group, our attorneys have years of experience helping individuals and families relocate to the United States through the Immigrant Investor Program and other visa options, and we are ready to put our considerable experience and understanding to work for you.

Russian speaking attorney EB-5 in Miami (Florida)

Find out today if the EB-5 visa is right for you and your family by contacting the EB-5 visa attorneys of AmLaw Group today at (305) 509-6400. We know how much this means to your family and your future, and we are committed to helping you take this next important step in your life. For the experienced and dedicated help you need, contact the russian speaking attorney EB-5 at AmLaw Group today by calling (305) 509-6400.


How long am I required to stay in the US annually once I receive my Green Card?

Green Card holders are required to reside in the US for a period of at least 6 months a year. However, even if the candidate spends this legally required amount of time on American soil but chooses to frequently travel abroad for extended periods of time, such behavior might raise suspicion from the U.S. Customs and Border Control regarding the permanent residence status of a Green Card holder. Border Control employees use a complex approach in determining the validity of permanent residence status, examining a range of circumstances for each individual case. These include: total stay duration, whether the resident has family in the US, their employment status in the US, tax contributions and many others. As such, after a long period of absence in the US, it is recommended for the Green Card holder to also be in possession of documents that prove their permanent residence in the country, like tax forms, employment contract, or any papers related to their place of residence. AmLaw Group also suggests that Green Card holders apply for a temporary Returning Resident Visa provided they: a) leave the country for a period exceeding a year, b) live abroad for more than 6 months in the following year, c) were previously issued a warning regarding their permanent resident status.

What is the difference between a temporary and a permanent Green Card? When can I apply for a citizenship?

Your temporary Green Card makes you eligible for permanent residence for 2 years. EB-5 visa holders have an opportunity to apply for a permanent Green Card 90 days before their temporary one expires. After the petition is filed, EB-5 visa holder’s Green Card loses its temporary status and receives a new one that is valid for a period of 10 years, provided all of the EB-5 program’s requirements (particularly these related to workplace creation) were fulfilled by an applicant. Green Card holders can apply for naturalization once they spent 5 years living in the US as long as this period did not include significant periods (over a year) abroad.

Am I legally allowed to live and work in the US during my application’s review period?

During your EB-5 petition’s review period, you are not considered to be a permanent resident. As such, if you want to reside in the USA while your application for EB-5 visa is processed, you must provide an additional reason for staying in the country. The most popular options in that particular situation are L and E-type visas. These visas have a significantly shorter review period and grant the visa holder at least a year of residence once approved. Another popular option is following an educational program in order to apply for a student visa. After your EB-5 application is approved, you can apply for a Green Card and receive it within three months, allowing unlimited travel in and out of the country as well as a work permit.

Get in touch with the AmLaw Group

Contact Us

Hallandale Beach, FL

AmLaw Group
1920 East Hallandale Beach Boulevard, Suite 702, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009

Get Directions +1 (305) 509-6400

Washington, DC

AmLaw Group
3975 University Dr #340, Fairfax, VA 22030

Get Directions +1 (703) 260-6565

Sitemap|Privacy Policy